23 April, 2012

Vanilla & Cinnamon Vinegar

As a foodie, sometimes you can find unique products which sound fancy but quite dear and you not even know what to use for. Like this Vanilla & Cinnamon Vinegar.


I tasted once on a wine market and fell in love with it immediately. It was so yummy! I didn't want to spend twenty-some dollars for a small bottle, especially, that I didn't know what kind of dish I could use it with. 
I checked the ingredients - as always - and found it quite simple. So, I came home and made it. 
Now I use it all the time. It's perfect with savoury salads with fruit or with special desserts. It's also a great kitchen gift. 
And, not at last, it costs a fraction of the shop price.




Ingredients
good quality balsamic vinegar
1 cinnamon stick
1 vanilla pod


Place cinnamon stick and vanilla pod into a dark bottle and fill it up with balsamic vinegar. Cover tightly. 
Leave the bottle in a dark place for 2-3 weeks then you can use it. Longer you let it infuse, more intense flavour you get. 
When it's run out you can fill it up again.






Variations for wellbeing
Dairy intolerance: enjoy as is.
Gluten intolerance: enjoy as is.
Paleo: enjoy as is.

No comments: