16 April, 2012

Lemon Pesto

Well, this is a pesto without lemon, despite the name.
It does have Lemon Basil in it, however, which really has a lemony basil smell.


I have lots of herbs in my garden and they have grown very well this Summer.  I was quite successful with Basil unlike last season. I have Sweet, Greek, Thai, Purple and Lemon Basil. The last one is my favourite for making pesto. 





Ingredients
1 bunch Lemon Basil
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp pine nuts
corse salt
2/3 cup freshly grated Parmezan
2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil


Wash the basil carefully and allow to drain. Chop in a food processor, together with the garlic, pine nuts, and a pinch of coarse salt. Gradually add the grated cheese and work into an even paste. 
Finally, slowly mix in the olive oil, until a creamy consistency is achieved. 





Come back in a few days and you'll see what I use the lemon pesto with :)


Variations for wellbeing
Dairy intolerance: choose real Parmesan matured for 1-2 years. 
Gluten intolerance: enjoy as is.
Paleo: enjoy as is.

No comments: